Always on Track
Oxford Architects have significant Transport experience extending back into the late eighties covering refurbishment, new buildings, commercial development, conservation, transport interchanges and car parking.
The Practice has an active framework agreement with First Group and has worked for Network Rail in association with the engineering consultancy WSP Group and with the contractor BAM.
We have a good understanding of Rail Industry Standards, Group Standards and Codes of Practice produced by the Strategic Rail Authority, Office of the Rail Regulator and the Rail Safety & Standards Board and other pertinent requirements relating to the railway environment. We have successfully acted as lead designer and co-ordinator for numerous projects passing through the Network Rail Landlord Consent Process.
We also have extensive experience of conservation and working with listed buildings due to our involvement in a large number of listed and historically interesting station projects and our work with the Railway Heritage Trust.
Rail projects include:
- First Group Framework Agreement from 2007
- Go Ahead Group Framework Agreement from 2013
- Station Commercial Project Fund, Car Park Extensions
- HLOS Gate Line Installation Projects
- Access for All works
- NSIP projects at West Ealing, Truro, Penzance
- Gateline projects at Truro, Exeter Central
- Various projects at Bath Spa, Reading, Slough, Paddington and Bristol Temple Meads