First Class Facilities in Historic Surroundings
Refurbishment of existing First Class Lounge facilities within Grade I Listed Paddington Station, London.
The area, formally Queen Victioria’s Royal Waiting Room, has been re-modelled to provide a contemporary business lounge alongside a more traditional waiting room. The significant changes involved providing additional accessible WC facilities, improved catering/servery areas and improved storage and staff areas whilst retaining and enhancing the original features and grandeur of the spaces.
The refurbishment was carefully coordinated over 2 phases to allow First Great Western to continuously provide the First Class Lounge facility to passengers at all times.
- Relocated Lounge entrance and reception area off Platform 1 to provide a spacious and fully accessible route with improved platform presence
- Restoration of Royal Waiting Room grandeur with formal finishes and fixtures including a chandelier
- Creation of contemporary Business Lounge with private meeting room, hot-desk facility and food servery
- Accessible WC facilities and shower-room facility
- Contemporary and high quality finishes and fixtures including solid timber flooring, furniture, light fittings and bespoke items such as carpet, reception desk and catering servery
- Significantly improved environment with new lighting and heating/cooling systems
- Exterior façade repairs and redecoration using traditional methods