Efficient Commuter Parking Hub
The project masterplan consists of a new network interchange hub based around a public square fronting onto the Grade II Listed railway station. The northern aspect of this square has been designed by Oxford Architects, in collaboration with Formation Architects, and comprises a six storey retail/hotel and cycle park that engages the square.
The 2 storey cycle park with a capacity to house over 2,800 bikes will be the UK's largest Bicycle Park to date. The new facility provides reduced travel time and distance for cycle-commuters who are now able to leave their bicycles in a safe, secure and weather-proof environment.
Additional benefits of the design include an on-site cycle shop with hire and recharging facilities, CCTV monitoring, disabled and off gauge parking priority.
- 2 storey cycle park above for 2,800 bikes including an 82sqm cycle shop
- Cycle shop provides additional security over station and cycle park
- the design has been already been credited as being one of the top ten cycle park designs (6th place) in the world (Cycling Weekly UK)
- Design separates cars and bicycles for user safety
- Six storey, 224 room hotel and 378sqm of retail facing south completes new public square