New Sports Hall and Pool
Working around an existing sports hall, we were asked to create a phased development to replace the existing outdoor pool, demolish the existing sports hall frontage and changing rooms, and create a new facility that provided new changing rooms for indoor and outdoor sports, a new 20m indoor pool, staff accommodation, external teaching and viewing areas as well as flexible teaching/indoor sports activity spaces. The phasing of the building allows the changing facilities to be maintained at a level during the works.
The buildings are designed to a tight budget but the location within the grounds of a Grade II listed building and garden wall meant that externally the materials had to be of high quality and respectful. Local Stone and timber cladding are used on the frontages with less important areas being rendered.
- Thermally efficient building
- Use of air source heat pumps and potential for photovoltaics
- Set within grounds of a listed building and garden wall
- Flexible changing facilities
- Phased development to allow school continued use of changing facilities
- First floor accommodation in roof provides flexible indoor and outdoor teaching and activity spaces
- BIM Project