Sympathetic Treatment for Rural Setting
Set on the edge of Oakham in a semi-rural setting, the units were designed as a modern interpretation of the traditional barn structure as the site was previously used for farm accommodation.
The offices were designed to be energy efficient, using local natural materials and high levels of insulation. Part of an overall masterplan for the area, the design had to fit into the domestic scale of the rural surroundings, but be distinctive and have character.
- 9 new build starter office units, phase 1 of 2
- 2800sqm total office space
- Energy efficient - ‘B’ rated
- Distinctive 'rural' character
- Flexible space
- The design won a 2009 RICS Regeneration Award