ISO 7 and ISO 5 Clean Labs
The proposal consisted of the internal refurbishment of the existing out-dated metal-free laboratory suite within a 1960s section of the Robert Hooke Building to create flexible, highly serviced specialist clean room facilities for the University of Oxford’s Department of Physics.
The revised design striped out the existing metal-free fabric, cellular lab modules and bespoke air-handling to create a more open and flexible class 10,000 (ISO 7) facility, part of which contains a class 100 (ISO 5) laboratory. The 300m² accommodation also comprises research support facilities, offices, meeting room and break-out space.
- Design of complex clean room environment
- Co-ordination with specialist clean room design & build sub-contractor
- Liaison with research department staff to define brief
- Integration of M&E services and clean room finishes within existing building
- Close working relationship with M&E consultants Hoare Lea
Partner in charge
R105 & 106 Facilities Support Building
Distinctive Building Supporting Research