New Look University Sports Centre
At the Indoor Sport Centre, OA have completed the design for a new 2-storey façade with new brise-soleil and reception. The new full height glazing provides transparency to the reconfigured gymnasium advertising the internal activities to passing pedestrians.
The Indoor Sports Centre is being remodelled to support the University’s growth plans for overall student numbers and Sport Exercise & Health’s projected increase in student physical activity. Our brief was to:
- Increase the Gym & Fitness studio areas by 30% as a minimum to align with increased user number predictions.
- Increase the changing room capacity by providing a new ‘Changing Village.’
- Refurbish the First Floor to provide new stretching studio and staff offices.
- Remodel the entrance & reception area to provide a ‘Welcome Point’ for all users and visitors.
- Improve the appearance of the façade facing Tyndall Avenue to align with the Campus Heart Pedestrianisation Scheme.
- Remodel Sports Medicine Clinic.
- Support 24 hour operation of the ground floor gym and changing facilities.
- Ensure the flow of people in remodelled areas is efficient and supports the projected increase in user numbers.