Contemporary and Comfortable Setting
A new residential home adjacent to the existing home that is designed to provide modern, comfortable accommodation for residents with an average age of 93 years.
The building comprises a series of pavilions - separated by glazed links - with timber colonnades to provide shading and privacy to rooms. Located in the Conservation area of North Oxford, the building is designed to be contemporary but sympathetic to the residential houses it adjoins.
The building benefits from high insulation levels with a heating system running from a mini CHP plant.
It also features ‘green’ sedum roofs as these are visible from surrounding buildings.
For future flexibility a simple flat slab concrete frame structure is enclosed in a ‘dry’ construction system to reduce ‘wet’ trades on site and provide a fast build programme.
- 38 residents rooms with en-suite facilities.
- Extensive communal rooms and gardens.
- Mature landscape setting.
- Conservation area setting.
- Fast construction approach.
- Sedum roof.
- Thermally efficient building.
- Separate Manager’s house.