11 May 2022
Maternity Suite Opens at Hillingdon
Oxford Architects are proud to have completed the Maternity Bereavement Unit at Hillingdon Hospital with Hillingdon Hospitals Charity.
We can’t describe the project any better than this feedback from one of the fundraisers following the opening.
“The end result is something that has personally exceeded my expectations.
- A sound proof room, which has facilities to allow a mother to give birth in the suite
- A sofa/ double bed which can be used by the family
- A separate visiting area, complete with sofas which can also be used as beds
- A kitchen area for tea and coffee
- A beautiful peaceful outdoor space to allow a family to have some much needed fresh air
- An entrance / exit which allows families to leave the hospital without having to go through it.
The artwork and colour scheme means that the clinical and sterile feel of a hospital room isn’t there. It’s full of warmth and love. Just what a grieving family needs.”
Credit to Georgia Burt for collaboration on colour, artwork and wayfinding